The love of money is the root of all evil. I Timothy 6:10
Looking at all of this spinning going on in College Station PA., several things come to mind.
1) The University doesn’t give a damn about the boys that were molested by their employees on their university property. The reason they don’t want Joe Paterno speaking is because they are afraid he could say something that would open them up to paying a shitload of money in multiple lawsuits. The lawsuits are coming so they can forget getting out of that.
Still the money is all they can think about as they decided to let JoePa finish the season. They are so delusional it’s unreal to watch. I still have my doubts that he will actually show up on Saturday. While the university still wants to cover his ass giving way to his ‘legacy,’ the fact of the matter is that they lived on borrowed time years and it’s time to cash in the chips.
Look at how they are wording it this morning saying that Paterno ‘decided to retire’ at the end of the season. What? Is he STILL in control there deciding what the hell he wants or does not want to do? Seriously?
2) Paterno is even more delusional as he thinks he can just zone in on football as if that will steer the attention from the heinous crimes committed on his watch. His piss poor bullshit statement last night that we need to ‘say a little prayer for the victims,’ shows a man clearly in a bubble. Nobody would have had to say any prayers if the most powerful man in the entire area did his moral obligation. If he would have saw to it that Sandusky was never around the campus again but rather faced the authorities and the parents of these young boys.
3) Don’t tell me the obligations were only moral either. You mean to tell me Sandusky didn’t take any of these kids outside of state lines to Penn State games? He didn’t molest them in team hotels? If he did it in the locker rooms he did it certainly across state lines on the schools dime.
4) The Penn State students who gathered at his home and at the administrative offices to show support and slob on his 84 year old nob shows the level of tribalism that is possible in this country regardless of the circumstances. It’s utterly shameful and despicable!
5) Amateur athletics as it relates to NCAA sports is a sham. This is yet another example of how the university, and others within the system turn their backs on innocent little boys for the sake of the estimated 50 million annual dollars that the football program brings to the school.
The NCAA silence on this matter is deafening! I guess they are still too busy chasing after Reggie Bush’s Heisman Trophy or looking for guys who sell their jerseys for tattoos to fuck with JoePa!
6) How in the hell was Sandusky allowed to continue to stay around the campus with access to children? Just answer me that!
7) Heads need to roll and roll quickly! Mike McQueary wanted to keep a football job and get paid so bad that he didn’t say anything either. He shouldn’t be on the sidelines either. At the end of the day all he could think about was his own ass. His time too is up!
Paterno knew what was up and cared only about protecting his name and his brand. He is the Cardinal Law of Penn State University. For me I could give a damn about all the money of fame he brought to the school. What I see of his true legacy is that he did that at the expense of many young boys who’s lives are damaged forever because his pride and brand were on the line. If his football legacy is more important to him or anybody else than the legacy of damaged young people who could not defend themselves then I say fuck him and his legacy! Is the game of football more important than the lives of these children? I’ll say a ‘prayer’ that he steps the fuck down since the university’s board of trustees still lack the stones to do it themselves!