I didn’t write this but received it in an email. A perfect letter to the so called Tea Party!
They sould call themselves the NazTea Party!
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney, now you get mad!
You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.
You didn’t get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.
You didn’t get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.
You didn’t get mad when the Patriot Act got passed..
You didn’t get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.
You didn’t get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.
You didn’t get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq .
You didn’t get mad when you found out we were torturing people.
You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.
You didn’t get mad when we didn’t catch Bin Laden.
You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.
You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city drown.
You didn’t get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.
You didn’t get mad when, using reconciliation; a trillion dollars of our tax dollars were redirected to insurance companies for Medicare Advantage which cost over 20 percent more for basically the same services that Medicare provides.
You didn’t get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark, and our debt hit the thirteen trillion dollar mark.
You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans… oh hell no.
BUT YOU ARE 100% MAD BECAUSE WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT.
It’s so ridiculous to me that Judge Sotomayor’s nomination to the Supreme Court is being questioned all over the country by white men who wonder if her ethnicity has anything to do with her nomination. It’s pretty clear that Pat Buchanan thinks so for instance.
Let me help ya’ll out. Hell yes her ethnicity was a factor in her being selected. What stupid white men don’t understand however, and never acknowledge is that:
1) Minorities are not unqualified for jobs just because they are minorities.
2) There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY of white men who get jobs who are not qualified. And yet this is never questioned. It’s ASSumed that they are. For instance,you will never hear Pat Buchanan or Newt Gingrich say, “Hmm, I wonder if Stevens was nominated because he’s yet another white man picked by Bush. I wonder if he is qualified or just advantaged because of his skin and who he knows?”
Nope you won’t hear that. And yet white men have dominated the Supreme Court since it’s existance and continue to. I dare to say they will continue to. I am sick of these blatant hypocrites who bitterly question the intelligence and qualifications of every minority who runs for office or is selected to fill a position! The highest court in the land should reflect a piece of every facet of society which includes gender, race, and socio-economic class. That will assure the balance we need as a nation.
You want to get rid of Affirmative Action? Fine by me! Just rid the nation of White priviledge first!
Sean Delonas needs to be fired! PERIOD!
This is part where white people, not black – need to be losing their minds with outrage calling for the ouster and shame of this biggot!
I continue to be amazed by people who allow themselves to get distracted by minor issues while the major ones pertaining to real life are ignored.
Come on America… shake yourselves!
… or musings from being intoxicated during Monday Night Football
* Well with the Dow dropping in record numbers and the Bail Out plan in pieces on the floors of congress, I figure it’s going to take an “Incredible” to fix the economy. Seriously!
* So I was in the hood the other day. Picked up a bootleg copy of that new Samuel L. Jackson movie, “Lakeview Terrace.” Sometimes you really have to watch those bootlegs. I mean a guy can get ripped off. I knew something was wrong when I saw Snoop Dogg playing Sam’s role. Yea the c.o.p was being played by the D. O. Double G. And then these bootleggers get all imaginative with their movies adding stuff that’s not supposed to be there. They like to mix movies like a DJ mixes hip hop records. So my bootleg copy of Lakeview was combined with Tyler Perry’s, Diary of a Mad Black Woman. Yea. After Snoop swiped a credit card down Mudear’s ass, I just turned the movie off. I’m just saying!
* Did you get a load of John McCain smirking everytime Barack Obama got off on his ass in the debates the other night? He had this look as if to say, “Look Sambo, you talk well and all but I am the white man… what do you think is going to happen on November 4th?” I don’t want to start any rumors, but right after the debates I was looking at an episode of Beavis and Butthead. And Butthead asked the question,… “Senator McCain, are you my daddy? Seriously!
* So anyway, did I mention that it’s been quite a while since I had some? Well when it’s been long enough for a guy everything you look at starts remindind you of sex. I was watching Monday Night Football. And at halftime ESPN has this segment called “The Fastest 3 Minutes in Sports.” It’s where they cram all the highlights and scores from the previous Sunday’s NFL games. I sat there and thought to myself, “Hmm… the fastest three minutes in sports. Is that really supposed to be for highlights? Or is it code for the amount of time a guy can get away from the TV and get a quickie before the third quarter starts? I mean, thats about all a girl can ask for during halftime anyway right?
Oh… so what did I do with my three minutes? Well that’s none of your business so I’m not gonna tell you that.
Oh.. you want to know what happened Sunday? No problem. Carolina beat Atlanta, Cleveland beat Cincinnati, Jacksonville beat Houston, Kansas City upset Denver, The Saints beat the 49ers, Tampa beat Green Bay, (Aaron Rogers has a separated shoulder) Tennessee beat Minnesota, the Chargers beat the Raiders, (Kiffen is giong to be fired at any moment now) Buffalo beat the Rams (Linehan got fired) the Skins beat the Cowboys (T.O. is selfish) Chicago beat Philly, the Jets beat Arizona and Brett Favre had 6 touchdown passes. I’m just saying….Seriously
Sidekick needed – and as Eartha Kitt once said, “I don’t mean on the phone.”
With Barack Obama wrapping up the nomination its time for the president wanna be’s to go-a-lookin for a VP. (Vice President) I mean whats the big deal about being VP anyway? What does he (I would say or she but Hillary talked herself out of the running last night) do? You can’t look at Dick Cheney cause he changed the game all the way around. I remember when he headed the VP search committee in 2000. After exhausting all of his resources he decided the only one fit for the job was himself. How noble of him huh? Well after hooking his business friends such as Halliburton up and making them even richer than they were before – starting a war, etc. it will probably be a while before any presidential candidate picks such a powerful figure to help him carry out his vision. But I digress!
Now that the Republican and Democratic candidates have all but been decided, its time to start looking for a trusty sidekick. You know – the job that no one wants but no one can turn down. I am only old enough to remember so many VPs. I remember when Gerald Ford was in office and I actually told my parents he should get another chance before Carter was elected instead. Mom thought that was hilarious. I didn’t know one way or the other mind you. Its not like I was Alex P. Keaton or anything like that. I was 9 years old and to me it was one white man or the other – and Ford looked harmless enough.
The last few VPs pre-Cheney were interesting in their own right. Al Gore stood by an embattled Clinton during the tough times, and after inventing the internet, he ran for president but was too punk to contest Florida like he should have. He went on however to do great work for the planet. So he has mostly redeemed himself.
When I think of Dan Quayle, I will always think first of him being bitch slapped by Lloyd Bentson in the VP debate by telling him, “You’re no Jack Kennedy!” It was a wrap after that. Though his boss Bush Sr. prevailed by scaring white folks with Willie Horton ads, Quayle was perceived to be a pi-on.
Bush Sr. was a VP for Ronald Reagan. And he seemed like a pretty strong figure even back then. He had plenty of experience in politics and was far from a pion. Ron was the right cat at the right time for conservatives and America embraced him. He was so popular that he could afford to pick a strong VP. Ron had ‘presence’. If he was on stage, you were not going to overshadow him. Period!
But what of this political climate? You got John McCain who is as old as dirt. Can’t decide whether he wants to be W, or the maverick senator he used to be back when Moses got the commandments. I know he is trying to do a dancing act but damn! He is starting to remind me more of Sybil than anyone else. I mean if Kerry ‘flipped flopped ‘ then this dude is re-defining the phrase. Who does he pick? Certainly not somebody as old as his ass. But he can’t pick someone that looks so attractive that he/she outshines him. That does count you know. Remember Kennedy beat Nixon because Kennedy looked ‘fly’ during the first televised presidential debates and Nixon was sweaty and repulsive to the American people.
Then there’s Obama. What does he do? I guess Jeremiah Wright is out of the question. But he has to get someone that will support his vision, and not make him look bad. This man or woman has to be clean and hold up fairly under scrutiny. AND he/she has to be able to hang with if not smash McCain’s sidekick in the VP debate ~ and galvanize Americans. Make no mistake this is going to be a hotly contested race and as Rakim used to say, there will be “no mistakes allowed.” If McCain’s VP choice shines more than Obama’s, it’s not going to be good in November.
Don’t get the posturing you see on TV twisted. People hem and haw about not wanting to be VP. But its a very important post; a heartbeat away from being large and in charge. So who should Obama and McCain pick for their respective VPs?
****I have a few choice words as to why Obama should NOT pick Hillary under any circumstances. Log on Friday for that!
Tomorrow – a special report on the NBA Finals as two historic teams renew an old rivalry.