* Michelle Obama was CLEAN! She will definitely be a who’s who of setting a precedence for fashion at an affordable rate. Her J-Crew outfit she wore the other evening on Letterman for instance says a lot about how a woman can look her finest without spending huge amounts of money. (Are you paying attention Sarah Palin?)
* Both Rick Warren’s and Joseph Lowery’s prayers were special and timely for different reasons. They were also heartfelt and sincere.
* Those armored protected Caddy’s were hot! I would love to ride in one of those!
* The crowd! OHHHHHH the crowd! The American people were IN THE HOUSE! Watching it on TV I could still feel the energy. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen.
* President Obama’s speech was awesome and truly inspiring. He optimizes for me having the presence of walk softly while carrying a big stick. Make no mistake about it he IS the president. And he made it clear that there is a new direction. But he did it in a way that embraces our friends, opens the door for new friends, while letting enemies know not to sleep on the United States. In other words, to quote an old African proverb… “Don’t let the smooth taste fool ya.”
* The Obama girls are beautiful and it will be a pleasure to see them grow up.
* It is no coincidence that President Obama was the first president to take office the day after Martin Luther King Day.
* They got to be lying when they said that Dick Cheney hurt his back carrying boxes. What the heck? Dick Cheney moves his own boxes? I just can’t wrap my brain around that.
* “Air And Simple Gifts” is an awesomely beautiful piece. And if they managed to actually play it in those temperatures with cold wooden instruments, that’s even more amazing. Regardless I need a copy of that!
* The whole process of transferring power from one administration to the other is a most majestic thing. Former President Bush was also a gracious host – it was a first class event and something I will never forget.